Buena Fortuna was a popular, but short-lived Argentine game show hosted by Julian Welch. It began on May 15, 2005 on Telefe and broadcast internationally by Telefe International. It ended on December 2, 2005. Everyone who attended the tapings of Buena Fortuna had an opportunity to appear on the show. The participants were chosen by a lottery system. You could also participate via cellphone from your home.
Games played were:
1. The Ball Catching Game — Four contestants wore baskets on their head. Plastic balls were thrown at them. Whoever catches the most in a minute, won the game.
2. The Kiss Game — Two contestants put on heavy lipstick and kiss as many people as they can in a minute. Kissing anyone in the studio was allowed.
3. Number Guessing Game — One at a time, five to six contestants had to guess whether the ball released would be higher or lower than the previously released numbered ball. You are allowed to miss twice. Each correct guess won you money.
4. Questions Game — Standing in a circle, four contestants are asked multiple choice answers. When incorrectly answered, play passes to the next contestant. The first contestant to win five times wins.
5. Lucky Stairs — The contestant who has won the most money joins Welch on the top of a staircase. A member of the player’s family is called and counsels the player on the next block the player should take. Some blocks have “para” (Stop) on them. Once stepped on, the game ends. Other blocks have money amounts on them that the player wins by stepping on them. The staircase became narrower as the game went on. Should a player make it all the way down the stairs, they won a large amount of money.